Tuesday, December 6, 2011

long overdue update!

I have been looking into blogging to actually make money. Until recently I had no idea this was even possible! People like myself making money off of a blog?? What?!?! I just created this one to keep the family and friends updated while we are away. Sooo...does anyone have any info on this? Or ideas for me? I have been thinking about a fitness mommy blog or maybe one about us traveling all over the place. I've read the more specific the topic the better. Ideas and info greatly appreciated!!

Anyway, now on to Ty...who you really came to read about, I know. He taught himself to sit down from the standing position without falling head first now. He sort of squats, gets one hand down on the floor, then plops on to his butt. He will take 3 or 4 steps on his own when Dave and I sit on the floor with him. One of us will get him balanced, then the other holds our hands out and he walks to our hands! Once he gets close enough though he just falls into us. Sometimes he gets a little brave and lets go of the couch/chair/whatever and balances himself. I keep looking out of the corner of my eye to see if he is going to take a few steps but not yet. If he sees something he wants he just sits down then crawls to it. We officially took the walker away because I caught him trying to walk backwards (without the walker) one day to get something. He treated his walker as a little race car and slid all over the house...backwards, forwards, sideways, it didn't matter. I had read that the APA strongly discourages the use of walkers...and now I understand why!

Also Ty is really getting in to dancing, as most of you saw on the video on facebook. Everytime he hears music he starts dancing, or if Dave says, "Get it Ty!" he will start dancing also. One day I will sneak and get a video of both of them dancing together, which is hilarious. Here is a video of Ty laughing...or squealing like a little girl when I was tickling him lol


I have also been given specific instrustions from David on how to "train" Ty's hair.  I was just letting the curls grow whichever way they please. I only brushed his hair if we were going somewhere, and sometimes I didn't even do that. So now we have to brush it every morning in the way his hair is supposed to grow. And by the way Dave...his hair is NOT red! And I do not have red hair!!!!


Last but not least, today is Camry and Olivia's birthday(s)!!!! Where has the time gone?!? 7 years old, I can't believe it. These pictures are from June I think...I need some more pics (hint, hint mama)



















HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAM & LIV!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment