I've heard the story of when I was a little baby and my mom took a pretty hard fall when she was holding me. I can't remember all of the details, obviously. So Derek, you might have to help me out on this. It had snowed a lot in Tennessee where we lived, and when I say a lot in Tennessee, I really mean about a foot. My family is out walking around for some reason...maybe sledding? I'm not sure I forgot that part. But anyway...my mom is holding me and falls down a little snowy/icy hill. She fell pretty hard and got a little scraped up I guess, but somehow managed to hold me up in the air, without dropping me, as she fell. Pretty talented on several levels.
Fast forward about 16 years. My twin sisters are about 10 months old maybe. Me and Mom are going to the mall in Tullahoma. We park the van, and instead of getting out the huge double stroller, we decide we will carry them instead. I carried Olivia, she carried Camry. It's dark outside, and thankfully there aren't that many people out. Here we go, about to walk in the front doors. There is a sidewalk in front, and you have to step up slightly. Well, Mom did NOT step up whatsoever. She fell head first into the sidwalk, while holding Camry up in the air, without dropping her! I was in front of her, and soon as I heard her shoes/jeans scraping the pavement I looked back. My heart was racing as I saw her in action. We were both in shock and so scared for Camry when it first happened. But after we realized everything was okay we were laughing until we had tears in our eyes. And I am still laughing this very second just thinking about it. Bravo Mamma!
Thankfully, she's passed on her "falling without dropping your baby talents" to me. Last night I was walking to David's game. I usually take the stroller, but thought, "I can never find a good place to park it once I get there. I think I will just leave it at home this time and just carry him." Big mistake. So we're walking through the parking lot, it's dark, I'm supposed to be meeting someone outside the gym at 6:15, and it's prob about 6:16 (typical). I'm walking a little fast at this point. The sidewalks and streets here can be compared to Charleston--bumpy cobblestone and uneven pavement.Ty spits up all down my arm. Great. Instead of stopping to look and clean it up, I attempt to walk and look down and clean it up at the same time. Then I hit a mysterious big chunk of wood that came out of NOWHERE in the parking lot. (Who put that there?!?) I tried to catch my balance, but hit another little hole in the pavement. I'm not sure what was funnier, the noises I was making, or the fall itself. So I fell hard, and I mean HARD. We're talking a hole in each pant leg, a bloody thumb, and huge strawberry on my knee...as if I was sliding into home in a softball game without a knee pad. I get up, evaluate myself and Ty, and most importantly looked to see if anyone witnessed this hilarious fall. Because if anyone caught this on video, it would have at least 1,000,000 views on YouTube by now. Ty is ok though, he's looking at me like, "Uhh...what just happened??" He doesn't even have a scratch--somehow I used my innate ability to hold my baby up in the air. Thanks mom. Can't wait to hear Camry and Olivia's stories once they get older and have children.
My right knee. Told you it was a hard fall.
In other news...Ty finally got his first tooth!!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! I can't seem to get a good picture yet though. I'm working on a big painting for our living room. Also, I just got news today I will be featured as FitOrbit "Trainer of the Week" sometime soon. So be looking for a link! David has been really busy with basketball this month, and will be going to Belgium and some part of Russia before November comes to a close. Our internet has been on and off, but finally back on today thankfully. Yay for FaceTiming again! I'll leave you with some funny pictures.
He tries to run away from me every time I change his diaper, so I let him go this time. This was right before he peed on the couch...
Twins. Drinking Mirinda.
Baby fat!
Mirinda! One of my favorite things about Romania. =>
ReplyDelete