I will have to back track...starting with the things that have happened most recently. Let me start by saying Ty is officially getting into EVERYTHING! Anything he can reach and get to with his long arms he grabs and tries to chew on it. So we had to get a walker here. He had a jumperoo in the states and a walker, so we decided to go with a walker here since he's so curious. We go to the mall and look around and finally found one we liked. It was green and yellow I think with some blue, and lots of lights and sounds. Perfect. There was only one left, so we get it. We're on our way home, and I'm thinking "Finally, I can put him in something so he doesn't end up on his head." I'm more excited about this walker than Ty or Dave. We get home, I open it up, and IT'S PINK. I was devastated. So was Dave. He is really good at speaking Romanian (according to me, but I'm an American and don't know how to speak YET, so he's really good in my opinion). But he's not perfect, and we decided it would be more trouble than it was worth to take it back. And apparently Romanian stores aren't the same as Wal-Mart where they take anything back. Even if you broke it or if you've had it for 5 years. So we kept it, and as Dave was putting him in the walker he says, "Please don't let this affect you later in life lil man." I think he was praying maybe, not talking to Ty. lol But Ty loves it. He can walk all around the apartment. We have hardwood and tile floors, so sometimes he gets carried away and starts running. Okay maybe more like a slight jog. Needless to say he's having such a good time here. Dave also got him this little mini soccer ball (there were no baby basketballs or footballs). Below is a video of these two clowns. This is what goes on around here on a daily basis.
We also found some baby food for Ty. We started off with some carrots since those seem to be his fav veggie. I was getting ready to feed him, opened the jar, and it was just one big gelled blob in the shape of the baby food jar. I thought ok, this is strange. Everything in the states is more in a pureed form. It said 4 months on the jar, but I don't think Ty can swallow this yet, even if I mash it up! Maybe I will have to ask someone who is Romanian next time why it was that way. So we go back to the store later on and I think I stood in the baby food aisle for about 15 minutes. I think that was the first and last time Dave takes me down the baby food aisle. He was so so annoyed with me. So we got some Nestle food instead since it's associated with Gerber. It is more like what we were used to, the watery kind. So we're good now. And sorry again Dave :)
And last but not least--our first time seeing David play was so great!!!! We had a great time meeting people and of course watching Daddy play. Ty stood, bounced, yelled, and slept. Yes, I said slept. lol He slept the entire second half. And if you haven't seen the pictures of Ty on Facebook yet in his Haide "U" shirt, take a look at my wall and David's. Here is a pic of him passed out after the game.
We have met some extremely nice people here, and couldn't be more thankful for their generosity and kindness. We've had an eventful week, and being here has reassured us that we might the right decision to come. Nothing makes me happier than seeing Dave and Ty play when he gets back from practice, or hearing Ty laugh at Dave when he is dancing around... or throwing a soccer ball at him. lol The three of us are having a great time together! Love and miss you all back home!! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment